Whether it’s on the gridiron, inside the school gym, at a cross-country meet or at the local soccer fields, sports are always happening in town. We want to help share all the great moments and highlights of the current sports season with the community!
Patch is looking for athletes, coaches, parents, booster club members and fans who are eager to show their team spirit. News about any team—from youth intramural teams to middle and high school sports, recreational teams, adult leagues and more—it’s all welcome.
Here's how you can share news about your sports team:
1. Start a blog about your sports team: Share stats, recaps, photos and/or videos from the game in your own sports blog. Discuss the team, coaches and players with other fans in the community.
Interested in blogging? First, you need to sign in and create an account. Or, if you're already a Patch user, just sign in.
- Click here to go right to our blog creation page
- Start writing. It doesn’t have to be perfect. (Just don’t use all caps!)
- Upload a photo that you took or have permission to use. You can also just use a Patch logo offered on the page.
- Hit “Create your blog”
2. Upload pictures and video of your team from the sidelines using our new mobile App: Did you snap an awesome photo at the game, or catch the winning touchdown on video with your iPhone? Sharing it on Patch, in real-time, is a breeze!
3. Announce your team’s wins, awards, highlights and more: Did one of your favorite players get named as player of the week or MVP? Did the team win a special award? Post an announcement and let the community know. (Be sure to add a photo if you want your announcement featured on the homepage!)
4. Place upcoming events such as fundraisers, special competitions, and other happenings on the Patch calendar: Want to get more fans in the stands? Be sure to let everyone know where and when your next game is taking place by posting it on our free events calendar.
5. Connect with Patch on Facebook and Twitter: If you have a team Facebook or Twitter account, be sure to tag us in your posts and tweets so that we can help spread the word.