Steven B. DeMoura is a resident of Bethel with close ties to Danbury, incuding employment at Pinney Payne and a leadership role at the Portuguese Cultural Center in Danbury. DeMoura is running against Republican Dan Carter for the 2nd Assembly District.
In announcing his campaign for the 2nd Assembly District, Steven B. DeMoura wrote,
"My wife, Kathryn, and I will welcome our first child in December. I am running for office to secure prosperity for our future generations. I have roots in this community and I am committed to giving our neighbors a voice in Hartford.
I promise to listen, work and represent you with integrity, energy and passion. I am determined to work hard to control taxes and spending, to create job opportunities for working families and ensure that our children get the education they need to compete in today’s global economy.
-Steven B. DeMoura
- a lifelong Danbury and Bethel resident
- elected to Bethel’s Board of Assessment Appeals
- an active attorney at Pinney Payne, PC in Danbury
- a member and immediate past president of the Danbury Bar Association
- married to Kathryn Kilian, a lifelong resident of Danbury and Bethel
- a graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from the University of Rhode Island and Juris Doctor from Quinnipiac University School of Law
- a Committee member at the Portuguese Cultural Center
- a Bethel High School All-State and All-New England soccer player
- a Graduate of Bethel High School and Bethel’s Saint Mary School
- For the complete publication, click here.