The Danbury Fire Department extinguished a fire in an apartment at Ives Manor, 198 Main St., Saturday before it could spread to other apartments.
Fire Chief Geoff Herald said the cause of the fire remains under investigation, and an unattended candle is suspected. Herald said no one was in the apartment when the fire broke out. No one was reported injured in the fire.
The fire was contained to the one apartment, which suffered smoke and water damage, and an office below the apartment suffered water damage. Herald said the Danbury Housing Authority, which owns the building, is looking for another apartment or house where the tenant can live while the apartment is made ready for occupancy.